We’re excited to announce the following rate enhancements* on our popular life insurance products, effective August 31, 2019:
- Safe Harbor Term Express – average rate improvement of 11%
- Safe Harbor Term – average rate improvement of 8%
- Remembrance Life (final expense) – rate improvements generally range from 2-6%
* Rate reduction varies by issue age, sex, risk class, and level period (for term). Modest rate increases occur in isolated instances.
We are also making changes to better align Remembrance Life with the final expense marketplace, as follows:
- Minimum issue age will be 50 years
- Face amount limits will change as follows:
- Ages 50-59 – $10,000 min/$50,000 max
- Ages 60-69 – $10,000 min/$40,000 max
- Ages 70-80 – $10,000 min/$35,000 max
The rate enhancements combined with the following service improvements for a compelling life insurance offering for producers and their clients:
- Speed to issue under 3 days for cases received in good order with no additional medical review
- Streamlined client verification process
- Enhanced online pending and paid case status updates to every 2 hours
Updated marketing materials will be available for order in the Marketing Catalog Tuesday, September 3. See below for transition guidelines and information. For the latest information on state availability, visit salesnet.nsre.com.
Thank you for your business and continued support of Nassau Re.
- Applications signed and received prior to 8/31/2019 will receive the old rates.
- Applications signed prior to 8/31/2019 but received on or after 8/31/2019 will receive the new rates. An email from the producer confirming that the client agrees to the new rates, will be required prior to issue.
- Applications signed on or after 8/31/2019 will receive the new rates.
For Producer Use Only. Not for distribution to the public.
Product features vary by state. Lifetime payments and guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of the issuing company. Insurance Products: NOT FDIC or NCUAA Insured NO Bank or Credit Union Guarantee.
Life insurance products are issued by Nassau Life and Annuity Company (Hartford, CT) and PHL Variable Insurance Company (Hartford, CT). Nassau Life and Annuity Company is not authorized to conduct business in CA, GA, MA, ME, MN and NY. PHL Variable Insurance Company is not authorized to conduct business in ME and NY.
Nassau Life and Annuity Company, Nassau Life Insurance Company and PHL Variable Insurance Company are subsidiaries of Nassau Re. Nassau Re® is a registered trademark by Nassau Reinsurance LLC. BPD#39928
© Nassau Re 2019